With things loosening up, you may be thinking about outdoor entertaining at a social distance. With that in mind, we thought it might be useful to share some outdoor decorating tips that have worked well for us.
Regardless of the size of your backyard, you can make the most of your space by following these simple tips:
- arrange furniture around the perimeter of your patio of deck. Putting furniture in the middle reduces the space available for people to mill about and social distance.
- extra seating can be made available by using large floor cushions. They are also easy to move around.
- be colour conservative. Use airy neutrals like grey with accents of one bright colour in a fun pattern.
- strategically chose furniture that has more than one purpose or stores easily. Benches with hidden storage can be used to stash pillows and for seating. Nesting tables can tuck out of the way to create more space when not needed.
- add a pop of colour or greenery using potted plants. We prefer pots to hanging baskets as the pots can be moved around and we find the baskets drop flowers and stain surfaces.
- hang strands of lights. We love the look of the edison bulbs. You can even use dollar store battery operated micro light strands to light up the greenery in your pots or put into clear glass bottle to give a firefly effect.
Hope these tips help you enjoy your patio even more! Questions or have any additional tips? Call us, we love to hear from you!