Pumpkin Bars!? Yes Please!!!
It’s that time of year, time for pumpkin spice everything! I love fall and the comfort foods that the cooler weather brings. I may be one of the few people out there who doesn’t love pumpkin spice latte’s though. I’ll take my latte plain with some sweet pumpkin-y deliciousness on the side!
These pumpkin bars are very quick to make, and great as a snack with your tea or coffee, and they make a perfect after-school snack.
JENNY’S PUMPKIN BARS
1/2 cup pumpkin puree *not pumpkin pie filling (I used organic)
1/2 cup chilled almond butter
1/8 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
chopped pecans or chocolate chips to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except pecans
- Lightly spray an 8”x 8” square glass pan
- Spread mixture evenly and top with pecans, and press them very lightly into the batter
- bake at 350 for 15-20 minute or until set
- Cool in pan and cut into squares
- Enjoy and refrigerate leftovers (if any!) after 1-2 days
Tip: don’t double the recipe. I did this last time I made them and the middle of the pan was bit too wiggly!